Your information does not include “aggregate” or other non-personally identifiable information. Aggregate information is information that we collect about a group or category of products, services, or users that is not personally identifiable or from which individual identities are removed. We may use and disclose aggregate information, and other non-personally identifiable information, for various purposes, including, without limitation, to improve and promote the Service.
Information We Collect
Information you provide us
We collect Your Information in various ways on our Service. More specifically, when you use our Service, we may collect the following:
- User Accounts and Profiles. Our Services may give you the ability to register for an account or to create and update a user profile on the applicable Services. If we offer user account or profile functionality on the Services, we will collect Your Information as provided to use in the course of registering for an account or creating or updating a user profile. This information may include, for example, name, postal address and zip code, telephone number, e-mail address, information about your health, and related demographic information. We may indicate that some of Your Information is required for you to register for the account or to create the profile, while some may be optional. Failure to provide any required information may affect your ability to use or enjoy all functionalities of the Service.
- Interactive Features. Our Services may contain interactive functionality that allows you to engage with the Services, post comments to forums, upload photographs and other content (the “User Materials”), participate in surveys, track certain activities, and otherwise interact with the Services and with other users. If you use any interactive functionality on our Services, we collect that information that you provide to us in the course of using these interactive features.
- Correspondence. If you contact us by e-mail, using a contact form on the Services, or by mail, fax, or other means, we collect Your Information as contained within, and associated with, your correspondence.
- Certain Outside Activities. We and other business partners may collect information from you about your activities outside of the Services, including but not limited to, your selected providers, treatment plans, and the monitoring of your treatment. In these instances, our business partners may collect Your Information, and such information may be shared with us.
Information we collect automatically
When you visit our Services, some information is collected automatically. This includes:
- Your browser type and operating system
- Your device type (for example, if you are on a computer or iPhone)
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic location
- Server logs and other communication data
- How you found your way to our Services (for example, if you clicked on a link from a social network)
- Actions you take on our Services, and the content, features, and activities that you access and participate in on our Services
- Information collected through cookies, Web beacons, and other similar Internet technologies
- Information regarding your interaction with e-mail messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you, including PHI and personal information from third parties, including our affiliates and any of our service providers, and may combine this information with Your Information that we maintain about you. If we do so, this Policy governs any combined information that we maintain in personally identifiable format.
Use of Your Information
Sharing Your Information
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose Your Information that we collect or display on the Services to third parties without your authorization. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- Trusted Third-Party Service Providers. To the extent legally permissible, we may disclose and/or exchange Your Information to third-party service providers (e.g., administrative services companies, marketing partners, application developers, data hosting, and processing providers) that assist us in our operations. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- Health Care Service Providers. To the extent legally permissible, we may also disclose Your Information to your health care service providers for purposes of medical treatment, consultation, appointment reminders, to disclose your use of the Services, and to deliver content specific to your health condition.
- Business Decisions. To the extent legally permissible, we may disclose Your Information to third parties if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Legal Compliance. To the extent legally permissible, we may disclose Your Information if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to:
- comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process (such as a subpoena), or enforceable government request;
- protect against harms to the rights, property, or safety of Motion, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
If you authorize integration of your PHI into the Services, you may revoke this authorization at any time by contacting [email protected].
If you receive e-mail from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following instructions contained within the e-mail. Additionally, if we offer user account functionality on the Services, we may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us.
Review and Correction of Your Information
Third Party Websites
Motion’s Services may contain links to other websites, including those of third parties or business partners. If you choose to visit or use any third-party sites or products or services available on or through such third-party sites, please be aware that this Policy will not apply to your activities or any information you disclose while using those third-party sites or any products or services available on or through such third-party sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third-party sites or any products or services on or through them. Additionally, please be aware that the Services may contain links to Web sites and services that we operate but that are governed by different privacy policies. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies applicable to any Web site or service you visit other than the Services before providing any of Your Information on them.
We will abide by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. In the event we discover we have collected information from a child under 13 years of age in a manner inconsistent with COPPA’s requirements, we will either delete the information or immediately seek the parent’s consent for such collection.
International Visitors and the Privacy Shield
Our Services are hosted and operated in the United States (“US”). By using the Services, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to the US. If you are accessing our Services from outside the US, please be advised that US law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
California Privacy Rights
California law allows California residents to ask companies with whom they have an established business relationship to provide certain information about the companies’ sharing of personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share any California consumer personal information with third parties for marketing purposes without consent.
California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices may contact us using the contact information set forth below.
Your Information as provided to us through the Services will be stored in a secure manner. We have implemented a variety of commercially standard encryption and security technologies and procedures to protect Your Information stored in our computer systems from unauthorized access. Please be aware, however, that no data security measures can be guaranteed to be completely effective. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you provide to us. You transmit information to us at your own risk.
Updates to this Policy
We may occasionally update this Policy. When we do, we will also revise the “last updated” date at the beginning of the Policy. Your continued use of our Services after such changes will be subject to the then-current policy. If we change this Policy in a manner that is materially less restrictive of our use or disclosure of Your Information, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you of the change and to obtain your consent prior to applying the change to any of Your Information that we collected from you prior to the date the change becomes effective. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed about how we collect, use, and disclose Your Information.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, please email us at [email protected] or send us a letter at:
ATTN: Privacy Officer
480 2nd. St
San Francisco, CA 94107
Updated: October 14, 2017